Finding the perfect garage door for your Denver-area home is one of the best investments you can make for your home. While you want it to look great, you also want it to operate seamlessly and safely, too. That’s when garage door openers come in. But with so many options, how do you know which garage door opener is the best for you? Read on to learn more about our top-rated choices!
Genie ReliaG™ 850
If you’re looking for a garage door opener that’s reliable, budget-friendly, and quiet, look no further than the Genie ReliaG™ 850. We recommend the opener model 2028, perfect for residential garage doors that operate with belts or chains. Some of the other great benefits of the Genie include features like:
- ½ HPc (horsepower comparable) Power Plus Motor: This motor lets you control how fast or slow your garage door opens and includes a soft start/soft stop feature to keep things a little quieter.
- Direct current (DC) motor: DC motors are typically smaller than alternating current (AC) motors and make much less noise.
- Safe-T-Beam® non-contact reversing system: One of the most important features of a garage door, this system makes sure your garage door never closes on anything or anyone.
- Auto-seek dual frequency: What’s better than one frequency? Two! That way, you won’t have to deal with interference from neighboring garage door openers.
- C-channel rail design: If you’re concerned about the aesthetics of your garage door opener, this helps hide the rotating belt or chain.
If you’re still undecided, consider these two additional perks of the Genie: There’s a pre-programmed remote that’s ready to use straight out of the box, and the motor comes with a 10-year limited warranty. It doesn’t get much better than that!
LiftMaster 8557 Elite Series®
Packed with a ¾ horsepower, the LiftMaster 8557 Elite Series is perfect for more heavy-duty or commercial garage doors. That, combined with the enhanced belt-drive system, creates a stronger belt grip. Don’t be fooled, though; even though the LiftMaster is more powerful, it’s definitely not louder. In fact, this garage door opener features a Motor Vibration Isolation System (MVIS®) to ensure quieter operation.
If that’s not convincing enough, consider its other impressive features like:
- An enclosed gearcase that provides regular lubrication, extending the life of your opener
- The Protector System® that reverses your garage door if something is in the way
- PosiLock®, which automatically locks the door when it’s down
- A manual release handle in case of power failure
- A 5-year warranty on parts and a lifetime warranty on the motor and belt
For Denver-area businesses and residents, you’ll also want to know that the LiftMaster is designed to withstand extreme temperatures and weather conditions, making it the perfect match against Colorado winters.
Last but not least, a garage door opener you’ll hardly even notice: the LiftMaster 8500. This incredibly quiet opener is designed as a wall mount, eliminating the need to take up extra space by hanging it from the ceiling. That alone makes it ideal for garages with a bedroom right above, as it prevents sound and vibrations from coming through the ceiling. Some of our other favorite features include:
- A remote light that lets you light your garage however you choose
- A power lock deadbolt to ensure your garage door can’t be forced open
- Sleek design that’s also ideal for garages with obstructed or cathedral ceilings
Find your perfect garage door opener at American Garage Door
Whether you’re in the market for a garage door opener, a new garage door, or both, check out American Garage Door in Denver, CO. With tons of options to choose from, our expertly trained technicians will help you with everything from selection to installation. And if you ever need help with maintenance or repairs? We’ve got you covered there, too, with our 24-hour emergency service.
Ready to buy your best garage door opener yet? Request an estimate today!